The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama

The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama
Support the Troops. Buy me coffee by clicking the image above.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

>>>#1/1/24 Celebrating the New Year with a BANG!

 



This is my all-time favorite song ever since I was 17
Hallowed Be Thy Name 

Happy New Year!  This year as it has been lately, we watched the fireworks from our house in Bandar Utama (The Valley of the Sleeping Dragon according to the Feng Shui Masters), Malaysia.

The firework was launched from the First Avenue Tower just behind our house.

Then, I had a forkful of cheese and chocolate cake to mark the celebration.  I also had a palm of potato chips.  I have been watchful of my diet for the past two months since I set my goal to lose 40 kg this year to make my weight competitive for the run.

Within 2 months, I already lost 12 kg.

I have been eating OMAD LCHF (One Meal a Day Low Carbs High Fat) too.  But since today is a celebration, we will be having a feast for lunch. More about that later.

My exercise this morning was a light stroll at Bukit Kiara.  The weather was perfect and the crowd was quite dispersed.  

I had not been visiting Bukit Kiara for a year now.  Let *[w]e (me) tell ya; it was a challenge to even walk up the tail of Darkness.  Alas, I know the 22 km can be done.  I did 11 km of the Bukit Kiara Hill Run before in 2014, so I know I can do 22 km a DECADE later LOL.

* Hahaha, now you see, mon cherie?

You can only fight as well as you train, said Miyamoto Musashi.  So, it [] (is) in the training.  Also, it is the mindset of a champion.  

These are my core beliefs:

  • What I can imagine I can do
  • What I can imagine is already real to me
  • With my thoughts, I create my world
Along the way, I met Mahazer, an old friend from the IBM days and an alumni of Sharudin Jamal & Associates Since 1991.  We had a short chat, he snapped a photo, and off we went:


Scaling Bukit Kiara was a humbling experience.  The reading below is not an accurate reading of the actual speed because I stopped for a while at the dead-end road.  However, it gives you a view of the map, duration and distance:


---

For lunch, the family and I went to this hip pizza place in Petaling Jaya called Flour, Fire & Stone.  It is a furnace-oven pizza kitchen and pasta/pastry restaurant.

Excellent food, *great[er] (great) ambiance.

* Hahaha... Have you been tailing me, Sarah?

We had Fettucini, Margharita and Portabello Pizzas.  I forg[ive] (forget) what the dessert is called.  It starts with "B".

* Thank you, Sarah.  You know me...  I will not be satisfied until I find the right answer :): 

Ah yes, it is Banoffee Tart.  I knew I'll get it sooner or later...




After that, I was knocked off for 12 hours.  I did not sleep for 2 days working my butts off.  So it was a good, good, rest...

Here is to The New Year and The New You!

Avoir!  Au Bientot...
SJ 4964


No comments:

Post a Comment