The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama

The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama
Support the Troops. Buy me coffee by clicking the image above.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

>>>#21/1/24 WEEK 3 UPDATES: Speed of Light

Dear Cyber Companions,

Time is spinning super fast this week.  The early week until the middle of the week was the time I spent evaluating several accounting packages.  I wanted something simple, free, and web-based.  I cannot have it all in one package.  So I ended up using Manager.io for my company and GnuCash for my personal accounting.  Both are not web-based but feature-wise, they meet my needs.  There are teething issues with both but I can live with those shortcomings.

I am also having a breakthrough with my YouTube Shorts. The Shorts is a new market segment YouTube focusing on right now.  It is to address the Swipe Generation whose attention span is within seconds. It is still an uncharted territory for YouTube and I am a Trailblazer in this new playing field.

The whole week is about keeping the boat afloat. There's a lot of running around. I am a multitasker when it comes to doing errands. Unfortunately, my super efficient assistant is not meant for menial work. Therefore without much choice, I have to pick up the ball.

Luckily, my workload tapered off towards the weekend. That allows me to realign back to my Vision Quest although I can only catch up with my training on Saturday and Sunday. "Let's focus on the small wins", I said to myself. It's not that I purposely slacked. It is a question of Opportunity Cost; do I work until the wee hours or wake up before dawn to exercise? Choices, choices...

Overall, I cleared the work backlog. The path had a few detours, but the destination is clear, and my Vision Quest fire burns brighter than ever.

The Beaten Path

In a week that spun like a dizzying waltz,
I sought accounting tools and a financial vault.
Simple, free, and web-based, a trio of dreams,
Unicorns danced in elusive schemes.

Manager.io and GnuCash took the lead,
Not web-based, but their features are true indeed.
Teething issues surfaced, quirks to bear,
Yet I embraced them with a seasoned flair.

In the digital realm, a breakthrough to find,
YouTube Shorts, in attention's bind.
Swipe Generation's gaze in seconds caught,
A trailblazer in this pixelated thought
.
A dance of multitasking, a swirl of tasks,
The assistant steps back, no menial masks.
Running around like a well-choreographed play,
On the beaten path, a gray hair's array.

Weekend's breath brought a calming breeze,
Realignment with Vision Quest, a journey with ease.
Saturday and Sunday, a training ground,
In the small wins, a determination is found.

Opportunity Cost, a constant choice,
To toil at night or greet dawn's voice.
Cleared the backlog, detours in view,
The beaten path leads, the vision anew. 

Avoir!
SJ 4964



No comments:

Post a Comment