The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama

The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama
Support the Troops. Buy me coffee by clicking the image above.

Saturday, February 10, 2024

>>>10/2/24 WEEK 6 UPDATES: The week of Chinese New Year

Last week I was so absorbed by work that I completely forgot to update my journal. That brings me to a very important point; in whatever we do, we need to stay focused. I missed my weekly Mall Walk with Alexander but I made new progress. On Saturday, I made a point to do the KL Walk.

By now you will realize that I start my training with brisk walking. I don't want to peak too quickly like I did in 2021. After the Hill Run, I basically lost my momentum.

The KL Walk was so fulfilling that this week I decided to get Lizzie to join me. It was much fun to have a walking partner enjoying the awakening of the city. People were cycling and jogging along the way. KL is nice and pleasant in the morning.

Today is the Chinese New Year. It's the Wood Dragon year. The cycle just happens every 60 years. The year I was born. That is why I intend to make my mark this year. Definitely this year. For sure I will not be around in the next 60 years.

One thing I learned about physical training is that you cannot just dip your toe in the pool. You have to plunge into the cold water and take it all in. So next week I will start my 10 km Training. It has to start with the 10 km Training. Then I start building the mileage for the 21 km.

The battle is with inertia. The body is so used to inactivity that it wants to stay at rest. I need to jolt it.

Avoir!
SJ 4964



No comments:

Post a Comment