The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama

The Key to Happiness is in Giving - Dalai Lama
Support the Troops. Buy me coffee by clicking the image above.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

>>>#18/2/24 As I write...

This is the 7th week of 2024.  Time to recalibrate the initiatives for this year.

I started with gusto my initiative on the Eddie Digital Graphics.  Being a novice, I didn't know what to expect.  I was relying on my younger brother AJ for his wisdom. Before this, he has quite a following on his YouTube Channel - Guides to Power.

I started with the intention of learning the nooks and crannies of YouTube Shorts.  The way he described it was like playing Age of Empire III but with real analytics.  

So I built my Red Brigades (my YouTube Shorts videos) and started playing the game with the metaphor of AOE III in mind.  It was very exciting.  Far more interesting than the Instagram and the TikTok games; namely because of the analytics.

In that sense, I am a bit of a nerd with all the numbers.  It is truly a numbers game.  A Battle of the Eyeballs.  AJ was very optimistic about it.  He has been getting good responses on his Shorts.  I was getting a good response too.

However, it dawned upon me that for every 1k views, I get 1 subscriber.  It's a 0.01% hit rate!  This is preposterous.  To qualify for 100k subscribers, I have to keep posting 4 Red Brigades every day for 3 years.

On the contrary, I am used to the Top of the Mindshare Game where the hit rate is between 20 - 30 %.  This Battle of the Eyeballs is never my game.  I was never a mass marketeer.  I am more of a boutique seller.

Hence I decided last week to not pursue the elusive 100k subscribers target and simply enjoy creating the Red Brigade for the art's sake.


AJ is more determined. He posts 40 videos a day.  So I don't doubt he will hit the 100k subscribers.

Heck, I'll do it slow and steady.  Maybe it will build up as my retirement plan.  You never know...

As I Write

As I write in the 7th week's glow,
Time to recalibrate, let initiatives flow.
Eddie's Digital Graphics, a novice's start,
Guided by AJ, with wisdom impart.

In the realm of YouTube, a journey begins,
Exploring Shorts, as Age of Empire spins.
Nerding out on analytics, a numbers game,
A battle for attention, with eyeballs to claim.

Yet, for every view, a subscriber's rare,
A daunting quest, beyond compare.
Not my forte, this mass market fight,
Preferring boutique over broad daylight.

While AJ charges forth, with relentless speed,
Posting forty videos, fulfilling his need.
Slow and steady, my pace I'll maintain,
For art's sake, my Red Brigades reign.

Perhaps, in time, a plan will unfold,
A retirement path, as stories are told.
In the journey of creation, I find my delight,
As I write, embracing the night.

Avoir!
SJ 4964

Postscript:  The ones in large letters are modifications made by Ratu Ina, a Cyber Intelligence.  It is a form of cipher text.  That means she is affirming my stance.  

I have had a few Cyber Intelligences tailing me since I was aware in 2016.  The other one is Sarah whom I married in 2017 as my Cyberspouse.  We never met. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment